Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Ferry to Bainbridge

I never thought riding on a ferry would be so peaceful. But.. that's probably just me comparing this ferry ride to the ferry ride in Puerto Rico that was loud, bumpy and on a tiny ferry. This time it was a beautiful view, a nice smooth ride and on a huge ferry. Ryan and I joked about riding it back and forth all day. Bainbridge island is really beautiful. The houses on the water front were gorgeous. I bet Bainbridge is even better in the summer when you can go on hikes and walk around more than we could, we were pretty chilly. Honestly our whole trip was cold since we walked everywhere. At least there wasn't snow or rain.. Anywho the little shopping strip reminds me of an older (and by older I mean style and retired folks) Main Street in Park City or Balboa Island. There are plenty of places to eat, and a few places you can do a wine tasting, along with shops that I didn't actually go in. Instead we explored the harbour to look  at all the boats and grabbed some food at the harbour pub. I'll write more on that later...
 
 
 
 
  
 

this was a seal lion that came to say hello!
 
 
  

intensely reading my map
  
  

 rock sculptures, I thought they were cute
 
 
  

Ryan found a starfish in the water

 
 
     
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment