Friday, August 21, 2009

Trapeze Swinger

Dear Twilight concert series- you've succeeded to satisfy me this year, especially last nights Iron & Wine concert!
(picture to the right-Ashley and I way too excited for the concert to start. Picture below- me with my best friend Kylee)
I've put off writing this blog because i'm am literally speechless and I have no idea what to say, it was that good.. Samuel Beam how your voice melts my heart even though you resemble a skinnier faced Zach Galifianakis in my mind ha. Although my favorite Iron & Wine song, is and always will be, 'Flightless Bird American Mouth' (no not because its playing during the last scene of the Twilight movie) the song that stole the night for me had to be hands down 'Trapeze Swinger'. Something about it being just Samuel and his acoustic guitar made this song sound magical, even though it was the short version. Here is a beautiful verse;
Please, remember me
As in the dream
We had as rug-burned babies
Among the fallen trees
And fast asleep
Aside the lions and the ladies
That called you what you like
And even might
Give a gift for your behavior
A fleeting chance to see
A trapeze
Swing as high as any savior

I would pay some serious money to see Iron & Wine in concert again! Thanks Ash for enjoy the concert with me :)

2 comments:

  1. Come see them with me Kris! "Love is a dress that you wear, long to hide your knees..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sad i haven't seen this post until tonight.
    it is adorable (minus the sickening pic of my face).
    but seriously, that was such a great night!

    AND. i'm OBSESSED. with the picture of A.A.
    on the side of your blog. seriously. obsessed!

    ReplyDelete