Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a rant

I just need to complain for a second about money... bare with me.
How is an independent student supposed to pay for all of the following:
  • Car insurance= about $145
  • Car payment= $113
  • Cell phone= $101-$104 (someone get on a family plan with me!)
  • Rent= $530 (I live alone so that explains the high rent, and yes that is a choice i'm glad I made..)
  • Gas and power bills= anywhere from $30-$95 together (my apartment building is so old and probably not even insulated to keep my apartment around 63*, which isn't warm at all, cost me $70 in December, lovely huh)
  • Tuition for Spring 2011= $1,484
  • Books for this semester= $200-$350 i'm too afraid to actually go buy them
  • All the stupid retarded fees school has= $30 so far to pay my tuition in 4 installments
I'm 21, live on my own. Take care of my cat and my little sisters cat. Work in Draper and Live 20 minutes away. My parents aren't in the possition to help me out financially, which is okay! I've been paying for things on my own for a very long time. But today, I am financially stressed. I have 1 credit card with a $1,000 credit limit which I put my tuition payments on and try to pay off the next month. AH! I don't make enough money and I really need a new job... I can't go shopping anymore, which is fine too i've got plenty of clothes. I'm trying to sell some of them even. I just HATE MONEY! I feel like it holds me back from all my dreams. And the best part is, even though i'm in a pickle with money, I can't help thinking about how badly I want an acoustic guitar. Pathetic, I know! I know there are so many people out there that have it worse than I do. And i'm so happy to have what I do have! I'm just stressed, ya know?!

2 comments:

  1. Go to your school's financial aid office, and you can check out what's available. Pell Grants are money for school that you don't have to repay. If you qualify, this is your best option. Student loans are just that--loans, but the upside is that they have low interest and you can repay them over longer periods of time than normal loans. Good luck, my dear. I'm really, really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I didn't qualify for any student aid or grants :(
    I make too much at my job. Which is ironic though cause I really don't make enough at my job for my bills and living, but the school seems to think I do..

    ReplyDelete